- What kind of healthcare do you practice at this office?
- There are many different names for this type of healthcare: holistic, integrative, natural, functional, alternative, or complementary medicine are probably the most popularly used. Essentially, we do a very thorough investigation of the body’s biochemistry, and put this together with a comprehensive history, medical as well as psychosocial where applicable, to arrive at a non-invasive approach to correcting the patient’s stated problems. Beyond this, in restoring biochemical balance, we can help to prevent future problems from developing.
- What tests are required?
- Every person is different. So it really depends on your particular case.
- How long does it take to get the test results back?
- Most tests take two to three weeks to obtain results.
- Does the office take any insurances, insurance reimbursement as direct payment (i.e., do they accept “assignment”)? Will my visits be covered?
- Because this type of healthcare is nutritionally based, involves an extensive amount of the doctor’s time and is considered coaching and counseling, it is not insurance reimbursable. Some of the specific functional lab tests are partially covered if you have insurance. Our office operates on a fee for service basis but we will provide a receipt should you request one for tax purposes.
- How much will my visits cost?
- The services provided at FIT for functional medicine/nutritional guidance are not covered by insurance. Fees are collected at the time services are rendered.
- Initial Visit – Comprehensive 2 hour visit – $320.00
- Follow-up Visits – Based on fee for service: 1 hour – $170.00, ½ hour – $90.00
Some patients elect to enroll on a membership basis, either annual or semi-annual. Memberships are limited. If interested, please call to inquire.
- What are your office hours?
- Our office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. New patients are scheduled on Tuesdays due to the amount of time necessary. All patients are scheduled on an appointment only basis.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Our office will call or text scheduled appointments 1 week prior to your upcoming visit. If we do not reach you directly, we leave a message as a reminder. Keeping the appointment is your responsibility and we appreciate your consideration in letting us know that you have received our confirmation.
- What is the general format of the first few visits (the intake process)?
- Before seeing the doctor, you will be sent an email with a link to our patient portal “FM Logics”. This 13 page questionnaire does take some time to fill out but is extremely important and gives us a very comprehensive view of your overall health status. Before your first visit, this extensive health history is reviewed by the doctor. We have found this way of gathering information to be incredibly valuable and time saving on the day of your initial appointment. On the first visit, we schedule a two hour appointment with the physician. The doctor will address all of your questions and concerns as well as reviewing your information that he has analyzed through your patient portal.
Before the conclusion of your first visit the doctor will determine if you will require any further testing. Even if this becomes necessary, some lifestyle and nutritional recommendations can be made during this visit.